CROP-QV reading strategy

How many of you have heard of the CROP-QV reading strategy? I didn't until a few years ago when I was teaching at a different school. I actually have no idea where this strategy came from...I have searched high and low! But all I have found was different people using the strategy! 

Any-who...so I am STILL doing my reading assessments and have a TON left to do. I really hate doing these as one student today had to go through 3 books, 3 retells, and 3 writing responses before I found her correct independent level. Talk about a LONG time!

So my kiddos today were working on their CROP-QV book! They really liked it and found it to helpful!



If you are interested in this reading activity you can pick yourself up a copy today at mt TPT and TN stores! But I would gladly give someone a FREE copy if they can guess this question correct:) What bath and body work FALL scent wallflower do I have plugged in right now??? I just can't get enough of all the yummy fall things right now! 

On another note, I had my first observation/walk through today! This is day one of week 3! I can't believe they are starting already! Well, it went very well! She pulled me aside after school and asked about all those hand movements and student talking time! Yes, she was talking about...class/yes and teach/ok! She LOVED it and so do I! WBT rocks! She loved the partner work they do when they teach/ok. She left me with this nice note:)
I hope everyone is off to a GREAT week:)

4 comments:

  1. Spiced Pumpkin? This is a REALLY cool idea!

    œKaryn
    A is for Apple B is for Blog
    Kideducator@comcast.net

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm guessing Honey Autumn Apple? I hope! I like this activity idea - I could see me using it in class.
    Sara
    Saraatschool2@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE this! I've never heard of this strategy and will be using it in my class.

    It's been so long since I've been in Bath and Body Works that I can't even begin to guess.

    Don't Let The Teacher Stay Up Late

    ReplyDelete