Rolling in Money!!! with a possible freebie:)

I wish I was rolling in money...don't you? hehe! So last night after looking around on Pinterest I found this really cute math idea from Mrs. Prince & Company.
She calls it The Trading Game. When I saw this picture, something clicked! I have that chip tray and had no idea how to use it...until now! 

I came up with a new game called, Rolling in Money!

All students need help adding money and this game is perfect for that! The tray I have has 6 compartments. Place different coins in all 6 compartments. Use the number cards to label each compartment.
I have these in 4 different colors
I created 5 different recording sheets. One for rolling 2 times, 3 times, 4 times, 5 times, and 6 times. Each time they roll, they take the coin out and record it on their recording sheet. After all the rolls are recorded, they add up to get their amount! Check with a calculator, put the coins back, and play again!



So what do you think? I am pretty excited about this and think they will LOVE playing with this game! From my experience, the kids LOVE playing with money! I do too;) You can get them both at my TPT and TN stores!

BUT...Since no one guessed the breed of dog I've only had in my life, I will ask that question again! If you get it right you can WIN this game AND my Dunking Division poke game!



Have a great Saturday everyone:)

12 comments:

  1. Creative idea for a game! It's also great when you find a good use for an item you already have. My guess for your dog type is german shepherd?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have those chip trays and plan to use them for money games as well. One of the games is Dollar Dice and the other is a trading game (I can't think of the name right now). Is the dog breed Jack Russell Terrier?
    Storie
    atozscrapbook@gmail.com
    http://storiesbystorie.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Is your dog breed a beagle? I love beagles! They are so sweet, loud, but sweet.
    eileengriffin14@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great idea for money practice!
    Is your dog a bull mastiff??

    Cheryl
    Spotted Around the School
    spottedinsb@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cute game...how about a golden retriever?

    Tokyoshoes at hotmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks everyone...but no right answers yet! Keep guessing?

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love this game! My doggie guess is.......Yorkshire Terrier.

    ReplyDelete
  8. How about poodles?
    lraines78@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Pomeranian? That's what I have--super cute and lovable, but LOTS of fur!!!! :) Cute game!

    Live Laugh and Love to Learn
    livelaughandlovetolearn@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. How about a lab or britney spaniel?

    ReplyDelete